When posting to this portlet, you MUST include a posting date and an expiration date at the bottom of your post. Posts which do not contain an expiration date will be deleted. EX:
Central Christian Church
701 N. Delaware
Indianapolis, IN 46204
Minister of Children, Youth and Families
Central Christian Church (Disciples of Christ), a growing faith community in downtown Indianapolis, is looking for a Minister of Children, Youth and Families who can help lead our congregation in fulfilling our mission. The ideal candidate will have a passion for spiritual formation with children and youth as full participants in the life of the church. He or she will work well with a wide variety of people, both staff and laity, and will possess both pastoral and organizational skills.
Central Christian Church is a theologically progressive, socially active, Open and Affirming congregation whose numbers of children and youth have grown significantly in recent years. We value the diversity of our congregation, including the variety of family structures, and seek to balance intergenerational and age-specific approaches in ministry.
This is a year-round salaried position averaging 20 hours per week. Candidates should have a Masters of Divinity degree or equivalent training/experience.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to Rev. Linda McCrae at firstname.lastname@example.org by April 21, 2014.
NEEDED: PART-TIME CHILDREN'S DIRECTOR
WHEN: Sundays 2-4 hours, approx. 8:30 am - 11:30 am PAY: $11.00 per hour
LOCATION: Saint Timothy's Episcopal Church
2601 East Thompson Road, Indianapolis, IN 46227 REQUIREMENTS: Must submit to a background check.
IF HIRED: Must be Safeguarding God's Children and Safeguarding God's People Trained prior to working. Position pays hourly rate to complete training.
POSITION START DATE: April 1, 2014
PLEASE SEND RESUME & COVER LETTER: Deidre Phillips at email@example.com
Position Description: To foster the spiritual growth and faith development of the College community, recognizing that every community member’s life is grounded in central convictions about ultimate matters which provide purpose and meaning beyond personal wants and needs and that spiritual growth requires reflection on these convictions.
• Faith Development – Encourage students and the college community to wrestle with the big questions (Who am I? What do I believe? How do I live my faith); help students grow in their faith and to determine their personal vocation, for most this is an understanding of how to use their gifts and their faith in daily life, for others this will be a calling to the ministry
• Pastoral presence – Support students, faculty and staff with life transitions and provide counseling in life situations where they need to call upon their faith
• Worship – Organize and arrange regularly scheduled chapel services for the campus community that allow students to be involved in designing, leading and evaluating traditional and contemporary forms of ecumenical worship services; provide for students from other faith traditions an opportunity to participate in regular on-campus services or in services of their tradition that are easily accessible in the community; sustain interfaith dialogues, fellowship, and celebrations
• Education – Foster an open learning climate that encourages questions; create opportunities for faith sharing across the various traditions on campus; develop Bible studies, spiritual growth groups, theological reflection times and sessions to explore faith and the arts, science, etc.
• Service and outreach – Encourage students to put faith into practice on campus and beyond the campus boundaries; create opportunities for mission trips, service projects and study tours; model, teach, and practice servant leadership
• Provide leadership in the development, planning, and organization of special holiday/seasonal and cultural programs and events
• Participate in the meetings, programs and events of the Division of Student Affairs
• Provide assistance and guidance to on-campus religious organizations and their advisors
• Maintain a mutually advantageous relationship with the American Baptist Churches, USA, denomination
• Collaborate, when appropriate, with members of the Admissions staff in student recruitment programs and events
• Serve on the campus convocation committee. In the 2015 – 2016 school year, begin to chair the campus convocation committee
Supervisor: The position reports to the Dean of Students
Qualifications: The ideal candidate will have earned a bachelor’s degree from a liberal arts college or university and a Master’s of Divinity or equivalent degree from an accredited theological seminary. A minimum of two years of experience in a campus ministry or higher education setting is also required. Additionally, the candidate should possess pastoral, counseling, leadership, planning, group dynamics, outreach, administrative, supervisory and strong communication skills. The ability to interact effectively with a wide range of individuals within the campus community is also critical.
First Lutheran Church, Columbus, Indiana
is looking for a nursery attendant.
Applicant must be 21 years old or older.
Experience with infants and young children preferred.
Background check will be conducted on successful candidate.
Hours: 8:30 am to 12:30 pm every Sunday morning.
Stipend: 50 dollars per week.
Willing to interview?
Contact Pastor Lawrence Isbell
812-372-1256 church office
812-418-8648 home office
Orchard Park Presbyterian Church is seeking to find a talented, creative, and dynamic individual to fill the position of Director of Communications.
The Director of Communications is responsible for leading internal and external public relations and communications to the congregation of the church and the greater Indianapolis community.
Reports to: Pastor Head of Staff
• Develop and implement strategic communications plan for the church, both internally and externally focused.
• Tactics include:
o Social Media
o Weekly Bulletin
o Weekly e-News
o Create monthly newsletter
o Coordinate preparation of the Annual Guide Book
o Responsible for the Annual Report to the Congregation and Annual Presbytery Reports
• Develop and implement worship bulletin by receiving order of worship and music from Pastor, Director of Music and Director of Regeneration Worship
• Update Worship Book-register for bulletin inserts, baptisms, minute for mission or commissioning as approved by the Pastor
• Manage new visitor letter process
• Coordinate communication to Session Members including monthly Session Packets.
• Maintain lists of officers, including email and phone numbers
• Update Session Book annually
• Manage and maintain all technology and corresponding relationships including:
o Website updates, billing and site problems, programming
o Server connectivity and administrator authority
o In-house computer troubleshooting and record of all passwords
• Serve as copy editor for pastor correspondence
• Manage church event registration process.
This position is a part time position of 30 hours a week.
• Bachelor’s degree in journalism or communications
• Non-profit and graphic design experience desired
• Working with both internal and external publics required
• Microsoft Office required
Please send your resume to:
Orchard Park Presbyterian Church
Attn: Shelly Wood
1605 E. 106th Street
Indianapolis, IN 46280
I am reaching out to you to let you know of a chaplain
position ready for immediate applicants. I would invite you to let anyone who
might be interested know.
Ochsner Health System is a growing system of 9
hospitals and 15,000 employees - it has grown since Katrina especially and is
taking a leadership role in the region. It also has many special recognitions,
including being the no.1 liver transplant center in the country for quality and
volume. New Orleans is also known for hurricanes, as in the cocktail and
Ochsner Health System is southeast Louisiana’s largest
non-profit, academic, multi-specialty, healthcare delivery system. Driven
by a mission to Serve, Heal, Lead, Educate and Innovate, coordinated clinical
and hospital patient care is provided across the region by nine hospitals, both
owned and managed, and more than 40 health centers in Louisiana. Ochsner has
been named the Consumer Choice for Healthcare in New Orleans for 17 consecutive
years and is the only Louisiana hospital recognized by U.S. News & World
Report as a “Best Hospital” across 11 specialty categories.
This position is for one of 11 fulltime chaplains who
provide spiritual care across the system. An especially strong role is
played by chaplains in the decedent care processes. The religious
composition of New Orleans is both strongly Catholic and Baptist and the
cultures of the New Orleans area are rich in the pleasures of food and music
with many visitors saying New Orleans is not really like the rest of the
US. Since Katrina, much progress has been made and much is yet to do to
rebuild. This is a great opportunity to work with patients,
families and staff facing complicated conditions and challenges.
Requirements include a Masters degree in Theology and
four units of CPE as well as ordination and endorsement by a faith group.
Please enquire further by writing or calling:
The Rev. Deryck Durston, M.Div, STM
System Director of Spiritual Care and Education
Certified Chaplain Educator
Ochsner Health System
ph 505-842-6288 fax 504-842-7386
The Clinical Pastoral Education program is accredited by
the Accreditation Commission of the Association for Clinical Pastoral
Education, Inc. which is recognized as an accreditor by the US Department of
St. Peter's is looking for a minister. Karen Kelm has the full description if you would like to see more.
Address is 1463 W. CR 700 N, Osgood, IN 47037
Contact information is Paul Hardy, 812/689-5136 or 812/689-4227
It is a close knit, friendly, caring community.
Church Doctor Ministries
Job Title: Ministry Consultation/Event Coordinator
Reports To: Ministry Leader
Location: Corunna, Indiana
POSITION SUMMARY: The Ministry Consultation/Event Coordinator will perform a number of diverse duties required for the advancement of the core mission of Church Doctor Ministries. This position requires exceptional communication, organization, and follow-through skills to be applied in all aspects of work completed. This position requires an active, committed Christian with a heart for helping churches, pastors, and ministry leaders become more effective in the implementation of the Lord’s Great Commission to make disciples of all peoples.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Follows up on proposal/contracts to secure dates following calendar planning and hold to procedures.
2. Ensures all pages of contract are filled in completely and distribute copies of contract to respective team members working on the consultation.
3. Act as the internal consultation coordinator for the client church, coordinating all incoming and outgoing communication specifically for clients.
4. Schedule and coordinate all HCT! activities and events in the HCT! process; includes coaching calls, follow up phone calls, metrics reports, teaching events, return visits.
5. Serve as consultation resource support for all client churches. Researches and sources out materials to be used by churches in the implementation of action plans.
6. Holds consultants/coaches and client church accountable to keeping each consultation service on track according to each church’s flow chart.
7. Works with appropriate staff team members for scheduling, production flow charts, and consultant travel.
8. Works with team to schedule teaching events and workshops. (beyond those already contracted by clients) Manages registration and follow up for each event.
9. Works with ministry leadership on planning and organizing special events and initiatives related to advancing the vision of the ministry. Includes planning and organizing mission immersion excursion trips locally and internationally.
10. Other duties as assigned.
- Computer skills – Microsoft Office Products, database management, internet use
- Operation of office equipment – multi-line telephone system, copier, printer, fax machines
- Excellent communication skills, organizational skills, effective management skills, and extreme attention to detail
- Ability to learn new things quickly and adapt to changing ministry environment
- Experience in project and event planning and organization preferred.
Interested applicants should apply via email to:
Tracee J. Swank, Leader, Church Doctor Ministries
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Please send resume and listing of three references
No phone calls please.
For more information about Church Doctor Ministries please visit us online:
Baptist Church of Greenwood
(www.firstbaptistgreenwood.org) is a community of believers committed to working with other believers to serve a world in need. We are located in Greenwood, Indiana, just minutes from our state capital and cultural center, Indianapolis. The church is searching for a Full-time Minister of Youth. The church is seeking a relational and creative spiritual leader to further equip middle and high school students for the service of Christ. First Baptist Church of Greenwood, a growing 400+ member congregation, is a family-focused church with a thriving youth ministry, superior support staff and dedicated volunteers. Church members strive to fulfill the church’s mission – Worshiping, Serving and Sharing in the name of Jesus – through worship, fellowship, education and service to all age groups.
First Baptist Church of Greenwood has
a deep investment in student ministry and wants to build upon this solid foundation. The Minister of Youth will serve as a member of a positive, affirming and fun staff. The Minister of Youth will also work with a core group of invested volunteer leaders to implement and carry out the vision of the student ministry.
Necessary skills include the ability to lead, teach, preach and reach students with the love of Jesus Christ; a working knowledge of the Bible; exceptional communication skills; the ability to recruit and affirm volunteers. Candidates should have a college degree with a minimum of two years student ministry experience; or any combination of education, training and experience which would provide that knowledge and those skills
A competitive salary package is offered. All interested candidates should submit their resume’ to Olivia Reed at
About First Baptist Church of Greenwood: The church is a member of American Baptist Churches USA and American Baptist Churches of Greater Indianapolis. The vision of the First Baptist Church of Greenwood is to be a church where people of all ages are spiritually supported and challenged to know Jesus Christ and to grow in their relationship with God. We desire to be a place where Jesus Christ, through us, provides a sanctuary to a weary and hurting world.
First Friends Meeting, Richmond, Indiana
Seeking half-time Associate Pastor
Our active congregation of Friends seeks a gifted part-time Associate Pastor to join our ministry team. The Associate Pastor position is primarily a specialized ministry split between office management, and family ministries (including children’s religious education).
Depending on the candidate’s gifts and calling, one additional secondary-ministry component could be added (occasional preaching, pastoral care, community service, etc.).
Flexible scheduling is available to accommodate a person with another bi-vocational job; or other family commitments. However, the Associate Pastor must be available most Sundays.
In addition to applicants from the Religious Society of Friends, members of other Peace Churches (Brethren and Mennonite) are welcome to apply, as well as persons from other denominations who are in sympathy with Quaker testimonies and business practices.
Status: half-time, 20-25 hours per week
Compensation: $18,000 - $25,000 depending on experience and qualifications
Review of applications will begin April 1, 2014. Position will remain open until filled.
Applicants should submit a cover letter, résumé, and list of references to email@example.com .
Questions should be directed to Derek Parker, at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Official job description available on next page.
First Friends Meeting
Status: Half-Time, 20-25 hours per week
Schedule: Negotiable combination of weekdays and Sundays, with reasonable flexibility to accommodate bi-vocational service.
Compensation: $18,000-$25,000 depending on experience and qualifications
The Associate Pastor provides specialized service in two fields of congregational life: office administration and family ministries. As an administrator this person coordinates the meetinghouse office with regards to publications, communications, and the meetinghouse calendar. As a minister to families this person supports the work of the Family Ministries Commission with specific attention to organization, curriculum implementation, program/event planning/promotion, and volunteer support.
- Publish and distribute the meeting’s regular publications: weekly e-mail, Sunday bulletin, and monthly newsletter.
- Maintain regular phone, voice-mail, e-mail, and social media communications.
- Coordinate the office calendar of room usage at the meetinghouse.
- Inventory and procure office supplies.
- Collaborate with Family Ministries Commission (FMC) concerning effective organization of classes, programs, and events.
- Maintain a collection of curriculum for FMC usage.
- Communicate with families and the meeting about family ministry programs, including promoting the value of these programs.
- Coaching/support of Sunday School volunteers, including supporting teacher recruitment, and transitions between monthly teams.
- Keeping records related to our children, family, and educational ministries.
- Additional ministry functions can be added according to the candidate’s gifts, calling, and availability.
West Newton Friends Meeting
South Mooresville Road
Indianapolis, IN 46221
Seeking Part-time Pastor
We are a semi-programmed (lots of listening worship during Meeting for Worship
on Sundays), small (20+) congregation in suburban/rural Marion County.
Speak during Meeting for Worship (preach) at least three Sundays per month
Assist with or teach adult education class on Sunday morning
Visit members and attendees who need pastoral care
Work the equivalent of two days per week, one of those days being Sundays
Be in church office three hours per week to do bulletin, sort mail, answer phone, etc.
Visit three hours per week
Attend monthly Ministry and Counsel meeting
Attend monthly Meeting for Business
Be flexible enough to meet unexpected needs — weddings, funerals, hospitalizations, etc.
To be negotiated.
Persons interested in this position should contact either
We are looking for a minister that would be available to
teach 10am Sunday school, and preferably 7pm Wednesday Bible study, as well.
We are a small 10 - 15 member African American converted house church.
The church was founded as a baptist church; however, we are leaning towards
a non-denominational\full gospel orientation.
Any further involvement in other church functions is strictly voluntary.
At this time we are unable to pay a salary but we're hoping to find a spirit filled teacher
that is willing to make a one year teaching commitment as we grow.
Preaching opportunities will be made available if desired.
I will be available to speak with interested minister(s) by phone:
Pastor Nic Ridley
Abiding Faith Church
3214 Hovey Street
My name is Matt Shelton. I am the Chaplain at CommunityEastHospital in Indianapolis. I am writing you to inquire about including your ministry students in a volunteer program that I am building at my hospital. At the current time I am forming the program and I am looking for students who could be present at the hospital at least one day a week for four hours a day. The hours would be 5:30-9:00 one to two nights a week. I would want to debrief the volunteers before they would begin to round at 6 pm. The hours would depend on the students needs but the hours from 5:30-9:00 are the desired hours I would need.
The main areas of the hospital that the students would cover would be in ED. These hours are the “high volume time” and would offer the best opportunities for the students. The ICU unit would also be an area where families need support. The students also would use discernment skills of when they should contact the on-call chaplain for additional help.
The focus of the students would be to provide pastoral care to patients and their families. Students will also learn about developing relationships with the hospital staff. The chaplain volunteer also will learn valuable skills in the area of pastoral care. I would also be a mentor to the student and helped them in any area of hospital ministry they desire to learn about. I feel that this would be a good experience for students and would benefit their future ministry either in a hospital setting or a parish setting.
The Chaplain Student would be considered a volunteer and will have to meet hospital regulations. All Community Volunteers are required to complete a 2 hour orientation, criminal history check and meet with our employee health nurse to assure that they have required immunizations. Volunteers would be eligible for a free meal on their day of service.
I would be honored to meet and work with potential students who would be interested in hospital ministry. If you want to contact me by phone, my number is 317-355-4452.
Chaplain Matt Shelton
being accepted for the position of Administrative Assistant to the Chief Operating Officer (COO)
at Christian Theological Seminary
. Primary responsibilities include assisting with board and committee meeting preparation and electronic mailings; organizing and maintaining files and records and appointment calendar; collecting monthly investments statements including preparation of reports and monthly entries for review; assisting in annual budget process including coordination of departmental meetings, distributing materials and working with the Director of Business Affairs to input results into the general ledger system and related budget spreadsheets; serving as backup for the bi-weekly payroll; and performance of other duties as necessary.
Associate Degree or equivalent plus 5 years of experience in an accounting or finance environment desired. Position requires the ability to manage multiple tasks under pressure of deadline; ability to maintain confidentiality; strong interpersonal skills. Successful candidate must be proficient in Excel, Word and Office suite applications.
Applicants should send a letter of interest, a current resume, and three professional references to Kate Bell, Christian Theological Seminary, 1000 W. 42nd Street, Indianapolis, IN 46208; or via email to email@example.com The position will remain open until filled.